Microwave Photonics is a rapidly growing field that merges microwave and optical technologies to bring out the best of both worlds. This course covers a wide range of topics from: Introduction to microwave photonics, basic optical and RF components and various applications of microwave photonics. A comprehensive description of analog optical links from basic principles to applications is also a part of the course.
1. Concepts of Microwave Photonic Devices.
2. Microwave Photonic Components: Laser Diodes, Mach Zehnder and Electroabsorption Modulators, Photodetector and Mixer, Electroabsorption Transceiver
3. Photonic Integration Technologies
4. Photonic Microwave Signal Processing: Photonic Microwave Phase Shifter, Time Delay Control, Photonic Ultrawide Band (UWB) Pulse Generation, beam forming
5. Broadband Fiber Optical Links
6. Microwave Photonic Systems
7. RF/MW over Fiber optical links: link budget analysis
1. Chi H. Lee, Microwave Photonics, Second Edition, CRC Press; 2 edition (March 21, 2013)
2. V.J. Urick , Keith J. Williams , Jason D. McKinney, Fundamentals of Microwave Photonics (Wiley Series in Microwave and Optical Engineering) 1st Edition, Wiley, March 2015
3. Stavros Iezekiel, Microwave Photonics: Devices and Applications, Wiley, April 2009
1. Dr. Boris Lembrikov, Faculty of Engineering, HIT Holon Institute of Technolgy, 52 Golomb Street, Holon, Israel, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Prof. Avi Zadok, Faculty of Engineering, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan 52900, Israel, Avinoam.Zadok@biu.ac.il
Prof. Yosef Ben Ezra, Faculty of Engineering,
HIT Holon Institute of Technology, Holon, Israel